Houston Flood 2015 Resources
posted almost 6 years ago by KismetSorena from Moms & Ladies of SW Houston
First stop – Report the issue:
• 911- If there is a crime happening on your property, call this number first!
• 411 – general information
• 311 – city services (potholes, utilities, sidewalks, traffic lights, AND ALL DAMAGES, etc.) Download the Houston 311 app for ease of use. The city uses this information for funding and servicing purposes. (713-837-0311)
• 211 – database of social services; works with United way (211texas.org; 713-957-4357)
• Register with FEMA at 800-621-3362 or online at www.disasterassistance.gov; it doesn’t matter of qualifications, all must register for funding purposes.
Temporary Housing Information and Resource:
• City of Houston Housing and Neighborhoods Department, 832-394-6282
• Red Cross - 877-500-8645
The city did select a portal that all approved volunteers in the area are able to share locations where needs need to be met and where volunteers are not yet on the ground. The city uses this information to make sure they have the support in place for a disaster as it unravels from volunteer efforts.
If you want to volunteer, please go to one of these already approved volunteer agencies:
o TACCOR - firstname.lastname@example.org
For contractors and other information, most organizations cannot be liable for recommendations. The BBB or Angie’s List will be a great resource to find credible information.
Post a new comment
News by topic
Other recent news
If you are a homeowner/renter and have flood assistance needs - READ THIS
We know that this is a scary time and you might feel lost, frightened and…
NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEEDS/DONATION/VOLUNTEER REQUESTS ON THIS SITE
At the request of the city, we have closed down the intake for this site…
Where To Get Legal Help
Houstonians are encouraged to call 713-759-1133 to speak to an attorney knowledgeable in insurance matters,…